RSVP and find more info about our events on our Facebook!
The Classics Club
Every Thursday, 7PM
Join us at the bookshop for a lively discussion of classic novels focused on a close reading of the text. All are welcome! Books are available for purchase in the shop and come with a special bookmark. Please feel free to contact us for more details. Our next book will be A Room with a View by E.M. Forster, starting on June 27th.
Flower Market Pop-Up Stand
- Every Wednesday, 11 AM – 2 PM
- Come pick up fresh, local farm-grown flowers or a lovely handcrafted bouquet, made by Pamela Anthony of Beehind Thyme Farm & Garden at our new pop-up flower stand, every Wednesday from 11 to 2 in front of Sweetwater Bookshop.
A Book Exchange & Dessert Potluck
- Friday, June 19th, 7PM
- Bring a dessert to share and a book you loved to exchange with someone, and you’ll receive a new-to-you read in return. All are welcome!
Open Mic Night with the Taylor County Public Library
- Friday, July 26th, 7PM
- Join us to share a song, story, poem or joke, or just to watch some local talent! All ages welcome. Presented in partnership with TCPL.
A Letter Writing Social
- Saturday, July 27th, 12PM
- For those who love the traditional method of correspondence, come to the bookshop to write letters to all your friends! Cards, envelopes and pens provided. Special stationery available for purchase.